Friday, September 2, 2011

Till the Cows Come Home

Thanks for the letters and for reminding me of what I need to do to make the time go by faster. I got over being homesick fairly quickly and I know it has been a big blessing from the Lord.
Things have been picking up in Tohatchi lately and we are hoping to extend 7 baptismal invitations. We hope to baptize them all before the end of this transfer. I can't believe I have already been serving here for 4 weeks! I have 2 more weeks left in the transfer but I hope I will be able to stay for one more week. There is so much work left to be done and we are working Super Hard! Oh, something funny happened this week. After I read Dad's joke about the cows (see joke below) the last couple of days the cows have pushed opened our gate and have woke us up with all of their mooing. At like 5:00 AM!! We looped a chain around the fence to keep the gate closed but we will see how that holds up.
Oh, and we did some service last Friday that took us 5 hours! We have been destroying a trailer home which has been super fun! I will send pictures of it but it was good to be able to relieve some of the stress on the walls, toilets, sinks, mirrors and oven.

Thank you everyone for your love and support!
Love,
Elder Christensen

JOKE: There were these cows grazing in a pasture and one of them looked up and bellows out a big MOOOOOOOO! Then one of the other cows lifts up his head, turns to him and says, "Hey, that's what I was going to say!" HA, HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment