Monday, February 20, 2012

It's Been 6 Months!

Well Hello!

I am here to report to ya'll and this week has been wierd! First it got above 60 degrees and stayed at about 55 everyday untill Saturday. Then it snowed but only like a half inch so it was dumb but the wind was blowin pretty hard. It made blizzard conditions and we were still teaching untill 8:30 so we decided to drive home because it was getting pretty bad. All the paved roads were really slippery so we took a dirt road home instead of the only paved road lol wierd I know! It was even better because I had spagetti cookin all day so ya it was dang good!!!

Well I guess to get serious (lol) we got transfer news on Saturday night and both of us are staying! I don't know what the Prez is thinking but I am glad I am being tested and tried. I told Elder Hunsaker we are going to step up his obedience this transfer and we are gonna give our hearts to the Lord. I told him that if we do this you will discover why the Lord has sent you on a mission! His reaction shocked me a bit. He asked "how do I give my heart to the Lord?" I told him by being obedient and not questioning anything that happens but to go forward with a great attitude, taking every given opportunity to teach the gospel and to find those who are ready. I told him I am trying to do better and show more love too because we haven't been getting along very well. Maybe because I was to bold instead of being nice and sincere. I felt inspired for us to give each other a blessing to kick off the new transfer! I can't tell you what was said but I will tell you that the spirit touched our hearts and gave us the strength and the direction we needed. I am so grateful for that reason that we have been kept together! We will now go forth and be tools in the Lords hands! My companion is a powerful misisonary when he gives his heart! I have seen it! He baptized the most in the mission a couple months ago so I am gratefull I get to help him and serve with him!!

Sorry to hear about the car mom and don't hurt our neighboors. Remember what Jesus taught when the Pharisees came and asked him what is the greatest comandment! Jesus said "the greatest comandment is to love the Lord thy God the second is like unto it love thy neighbours!" I hope you think about that because after all it was just snow and it did do damage but just think about those commandments and be nice!!

Lately I have been studying the bible to learn the history of the direct decendents of the house of Israel and to know it better. I have also been reading The Book of Mormon because I love to read it and I want to know all the blessings the Lamenites were promised if they keep the commandments. Today I almost found were the Garden of Eden is but I don't have a good enough map! The other day I started reading the Pearl of Great Price and I read about our spiritual eyes and our physical eyes and that to be able to behold all the glory of god our eyes need to be transfigured which means we are able to see and learn through our spirit instead of our brain which is super cool because when Moses was transfigured he beheld all the particles that were in the earth! Pretty awesome!!! so ya I am learned now lol!

Please always read the Book of Mormon. It is special and powerful and just down right cool!!!! So ya do it and let me know what you learn!

Also real quick Elder Millers dad is the branch prez in Indian Wells which is an area we cover so we are focusing attention out there, and they are opening a new area in Joseph City which is his home town! so ya have the elders over for dinner and have a non-member there to present lessons too!! Don't let them leave with out a lesson!!

Well gotta go I love ya all!
Elder Christensen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment