Monday, August 29, 2011

Out One Whole Month!

I can't believe it has already been a whole month! I am almost done with this transfer but I actually hope to stay in Tohatchi unless I become a Zone Leader with my companion, which would be weird, but we will see what happens. We are planning on at least 4 baptisms this month in Tohatchi! We are extending so many invitations that I know that as soon as they come they will know that this gospel is true and they will want to be baptized! We are trying to catch people at home and are switching up our schedule a little bit because some people have been avoiding us on purpose but we will get them!

Well there has been an increase in Peyote meetings lately. Peyote is legal here in the reservation. The Catholic Church has a sweat lodge at the back of their church and they also have a stained glass picture of a Medicine Man Jesus, I think that is kind of funny. It makes it tougher for us to teach people that it is not right to participate in things like that though. They use their own understanding to justify their actions. There is a good scripture in Proverbs, I think it's like Chapter 21 or something and it says "Hearken not unto thine own understanding, but let the Lord guide you in all things." I think we can apply this to ourselves too.

We have a church here in Tohatchi but the Branch President and his counselors live like 30 minutes away! When people need to get access to the Store House or something, it is hard for them to get that permission. I am learning Navajo and when I can say my testimony in Navajo I will let you know, LOL!

Well that is all that I have for the week. I love you all and I am so grateful for your love and support!

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment