Thursday, March 8, 2012

I am a trainer now!

Well sorry that I missed your e-mail but today was probably the best! Why? Well because we got transfer news, three of our investigators came to church and everyone else is progressing big time in the gospel! First I will give the news...... Elder Hunsaker is leaving and I am training a new missionary!!!!!! I am so stoked I haven't been able to sleep very well for like the last two nights! We will drive all the way to Farmington today to pick up the new greenie. Then Elder Hunsaker will ride the transfer van all the way back to Holbrook to be picked up and I will drive my new companion back to Greasewood!

Elder Hunsaker is happy for me and he did say that he wished he wouldn't have made all of his bad mistakes because then he would be in my shoes! I told him to hang in there and that if he stays obedient he will serve in Flagstaff for one transfer then he will get to train a new missionary! He told me prez came and talked to him during last zone conference and asked him if he had made the decision to be obedient yet. So ya I am glad the Lord gave me the opportunity to help a missionary who was stuggling!

An experience we had this week that was awesome was, we were thinking that we should contact some refferals that we got the other day. The Lord made us drive around all day until one of his prepared children were home (yes, he can and does do that)! It was a less active family and the mom wants her two sons to be baptized so we are going to start teaching them this week! Oh I almost forgot, our investigators who came to church all had the guts to bare their testimonies!!! I couldn't believe it! The Spirit was so strong. Since they were not sure if the Book of Mormon was true they only said "They believe..." statements which is wonderful!! I am glad the Lord is letting me stay to see their testimonies grow into, "I know....." statements! It's awesome!

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment