Thursday, March 8, 2012

February 27th Letter

Hello Everyone!

So I can confirm all the news about the recent activity and the increase in missionaries and senior couples in our mission! As far as we have heard everyone is pretty stoked to see how many people we can get baptized each month and the number just keeps going up! We have been doing our best to help that effort and to tell members how important it is for them to be giving us direction on who they know that would like to hear our message. We are working on taking some members from the branch to go with us in teaching people because having a member present at the lessons just seems to work the best lol! Then again that is the focus for every single companionship in the whole world!!

I haven't been transferd yet because we will find out all that info this Saturday. The days just fly by so I don't really know what week it is and then I'll tell ya what happens.

My goal has been reached in helping my companion so the rest is up to him. I want him to even progress and be a great leader and I know he can do it he just needs another push that I don't think I can give him.

We didn't get any baptisms last week but we are planning on having one this week, two next week and 3 the week after that so I'm pretty stoked for all of this to be happening but isn't it funny how things we seem to get baptisms lined up and then I'm get transferd? lol!!

It's funny that you mentioned the blessings promised to the Lamanites or Lehi's children because we talked about that last night with our recent convert! The guy is a spiritual sponge! I get to talk to him with deep doctrine and and he soaks it up! AMAZING!!!! His wife wanted to know about the house of Israel, I mean everything about it, so I am drawing a geneaology chart for them about who they directly descend from and it's a blast.

I want to share something really fast before I go. Most people here are afraid to ask questions because they think they will be ridiculed for it, so we rely heavily on the spirit of discernment and revelation. We basically need it to try to dicern what they might be thinking and to try to get a feel for what they need. It's pretty cool once you know how the spirit can talk to misssionaries this way. How do we get this spirit you might ask? Well we simply need to ask for it so we pray hard every night and sometimes we even fast for it. And the Lord hears prayers and he loves his people so he gives us that gift to teach and its awesome!!

Well that was my two cents for now take care yall!

I love ya!!
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment